Phillip Island Croquet Club Welcomes New Players
Phillip Island Croquet Club was established in 1975 and is therefore one of the younger clubs within the Gippsland Region of the Victorian Croquet Association.
Croquet is played by 2,500 men, women and children in Victoria alone, within 90 clubs.
The oldest active player in Victoria is 91 years old.
What Croquet is not?
- It is not a game played only by the aristocracy
- It is not a game played only by the wealthy
What is Croquet?
- It is a game requiring both ball skills and mental agility
- It is a game in which the sexes play on equal terms
- It is a game played by young and old
- It is one of the cheapest sports available
- It is a game that is played at any level between purely-for-fun and serious competition
What benefits will I get from playing Croquet?
- Moderate exercise
- Fresh air
- Mental stimulation
- Self esteem